Just months before the weekend’s crisis left thousands of Americans behind enemy lines in Afghanistan, President Joe Biden’s State Department halted a Trump administration program to evacuate Americans from crisis zones, according to National Pulse Editor in Chief Raheem Kassam on Newsmax.
“We are reporting this afternoon that Joe Biden’s State Department actively squashed a program that was started under President Donald J. Trump that was meant to enable the U.S. government to extract people swiftly and safely from crisis zones from around the world, including places like Afghanistan,” Kassam told Wednesday’s “Eric Bolling: The Balance.”
The “Contingency and Crisis Response Bureau” was put into place by Trump last October, according to the report, with the “very, very specific purpose of helping extract Americans from crisis zones,” Kassam told host Eric Bolling.
“That includes ordinary citizens, and it includes diplomats, it includes members of the U.S government in many different shapes and forms,” he continued. “The Biden administration began to squash this plan in February, we have published documentation that proves it this afternoon.”
An earlier example of such a crisis would be the infamous 2012 Benghazi attack, a coordinated assault on two U.S. facilities in Benghazi, Libya, by the Islamic militant group Ansar al-Sharia. On Sept. 11, 2012, its members struck the diplomatic compound in Benghazi. This led to the deaths of Ambassador to Libya J. Christopher Stevens and Foreign Service Information Management Officer Sean Smith.
The State Department terminated the program under Secretary of State Antony Blinken on June 11, according to a “sensitive but unclassified” memo Deputy Secretary of State Brian McKeon, which was obtained by The National Pulse.
The CCR provided for “medical, diplomatic, and logistical support” for Americans stranded in crisis zones overseas, according to the report.
The State Department budget noted the pause on page 29 of its 2022 plan.
Biden has come under fire for failing to evacuate an estimated 11,000 “self-identified” Americans in Afghanistan before the Taliban took control of the failed Afghanistan government this weekend.
“It seems to me that there is something more to it than just incompetence here,” Kassam said. “This was a program that was well established. In fact, it was actually under the Obama administration that they set up this first program called OpMed. What the Trump administration attempted to do in October was give more focus to extracting Americans from crisis situations.”
“What it seems like to me is that there is a cadre of national security people around President Biden who not only just are actively incompetent but actually may not care in the round about American citizens, American foreign policy,” he added.
“These are people like [Biden National Security Adviser] Jake Sullivan.”
In a Fox News interview Wednesday night on “Hannity,” Trump stressed he would have gotten Americans out first, before securing U.S. military equipment and weapons, and pulled the troops out last. Trump rebuked the Biden administration’s botched withdrawal as “humiliating” and “greatest embarrassment in the history of the country.”
The “Contingency and Crisis Response Bureau” – which was designed to handle medical, diplomatic, and logistical support concerning Americans overseas was paused by Anthony Blinken’s State Department earlier this year. Notification was officially signed just months before the Taliban’s takeover of Afghanistan.
“SENSITIVE BUT UNCLASSIFIED,” an official State Department document from the Biden State Department begins, before outlining the following move the quash the Trump-era funding for the new bureau.
The document is from the desk of Deputy Secretary of State Brian P. McKeon, confirmed in March by the United States Senate.
EVIDENCE OF THE PAUSE IN THE PROGRAM BY BIDEN’S STATE DEPARTMENT.
The document is dated June 11, 2021, though The National Pulse understands the decision to pause the program may have come as early as February, both undermining the original Trump-era date for the withdrawal of troops from Afghanistan, and certainly giving the Taliban time to threaten American assets and lives on the run up to Joe Biden’s September 11th date of withdrawal.
The subject line reads: “(SBU) Contingency and Crisis Response Bureau,” and the body of the document recommends:
“That you direct the discontinuation of the establishment, and termination of, the Contingency and Crisis Response Bureau (CCR), and direct a further review of certain associated Department requirements and capabilities.”
It goes on:
“That you direct the discontinuation of the establishment, and termination of, CCR, consistent with the applicable legal requirements, necessary stakeholder engagement, and any applicable changes to the Foreign Affairs Manual and other requirements.”
The document reveals the recommendations were approved on June 11th 2021.
Speaking exclusively to The National Pulse, former President Donald J. Trump blasted Biden’s irresponsible move:
“My Administration prioritized keeping Americans safe, Biden leaves them behind. Canceling this successful Trump Administration program before the withdrawal that would have helped tens of thousands Americans reach home is beyond disgraceful. Our withdrawal was conditions-based and perfect, it would have been flawlessly executed and nobody would have even known we left. The Biden execution and withdrawal is perhaps the greatest embarrassment to our Country in History, both as a military and humanitarian operation.”